Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Hide USERNAME and PASSWORD in ora 9i IAS
Hide USERNAME and PASSWORD in ora 9i IAS [message #223675] Sat, 10 March 2007 04:11 Go to next message
rahshar
How do we hide user name and passwords from the URL

I Have Multiple applications running through the web browser

Each application the username and password should not be shown in the URL
Hide USERNAME and PASSWORD in ora 9i IAS [message #223796 is a reply to message #223675] Sun, 11 March 2007 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zeshanali76

Dear Friend,

To get the target U would have to use cgicmd.dat file located in $ORACLE_HOME/reports/conf in middle tier folder. It is a file in which u would make a key in that file like

rep: userid=scott/tiger@alias report=%* destype=cache desformat=pdf

Now rep would work as alias ok Now then ur programmer's work start He/She would open the form from where he/she is calling report there he/she would write code as the URL must like this

http://<ur application server>:<port>/forms90/f90servlet?rep&<reportname>

ok

In this case ur all reports must be located in $ORACLE_HOME/reports/printers folder. If anyother problem u face u can write me here r direct in my email.

Zeeshan Ali Awan
zesh76@msn.com
Re: Hide USERNAME and PASSWORD in ora 9i IAS [message #225129 is a reply to message #223796] Sun, 18 March 2007 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rahshar
Thanks a lot zeeshan Ali,

It worked fine

Rahman Shariff
rahshar@gmail.com
Re: Hide USERNAME and PASSWORD in ora 9i IAS [message #225465 is a reply to message #223675] Tue, 20 March 2007 00:45 Go to previous message
zeshanali76

So u succeeded now I would like to drop ur attention to a hole which u have opened to close another. write the URL in browser

http://<appsrv>:7778/reports/rwservlet/showmap

Check and see what is there from up to bottom ok.

What is there? Write me for next episode

Zeeshan Ali Awan
zesh76@msn.com
Previous Topic: Forms and Reports Services on Windows 2003SP1
Next Topic: How to run Host command in Oracle 9i Application Server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 01:52:39 CDT 2024