Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » ORA-12154 (SQL+ works, web page doesn't)
ORA-12154 (SQL+ works, web page doesn't) [message #158764] Tue, 14 February 2006 05:04 Go to next message
mattisimo
Hi,

I am new to Oracle and am trying to connect to an Oracle 9i database from an ASP.Net web page. I have installed the Oracle client and am using TOAD for db admin type stuff. I can verify that the tnsnames.ora file is valid because I can successfully connect to and query the database using TOAD and SQL+. However, when I try to connect to the database using the Microsoft .Net Oracle data objects I get the ORA-12154 error. I am using the same tnsname.ora file and connection string as a colleague who can successfully connect.

System.Data.OracleClient.OracleException: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name.

Any suggestions as to why this may be and how I can resolve it?

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Matt
Re: ORA-12154 (SQL+ works, web page doesn't) [message #168684 is a reply to message #158764] Fri, 21 April 2006 11:05 Go to previous message
rranjan
System.Data.OracleClient.OracleException: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name

Did U get Any answer for that.
I m able to do the same on a button click, Buyt when I call the same form a web service I m ettin the same error as uwere getting.

SO did you get any clue for the same ?
Please reply me soon
Rakesh Ranjan

rrranjan@chenoainc.com
Previous Topic: oracle application server 10.1.2.0.2 on 64 bit windows 2003 enterprise
Next Topic: ERD or STAR SCHEMA
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:12:22 CDT 2024