Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Tomcat, Oracle 9i and Chinese Characters
Tomcat, Oracle 9i and Chinese Characters [message #132624] Mon, 15 August 2005 05:22 Go to next message
raemanuel
Dear Group,

we are using an application based on oracle 9i and tomcat 5.0. I copied the "ojdbc14.jar" and "nls_charset12.jar" to my common/lib directory of Tomcat.

The application works fine until I insert chinese characters via the web form to an oracle NVARCHAR2 column. After inserting only trash characters will be displayed.

If I insert the chinese characters directly with the oracle enterprise console, it works.

My setup:
NLS_NCHAR_CHARACTERSET is AL16UTF16
NLS_CHARACTERSET is AL32UTF8

Any idea?

Thanks in advance

Ray
Re: Tomcat, Oracle 9i and Chinese Characters [message #134627 is a reply to message #132624] Thu, 25 August 2005 16:54 Go to previous message
andrew again
Your Oracle client on The Tomcat server probably needs to have a compatible codepage set. Maybe that is established by setting NLS_LANG as an environment variable when you start Tomcat - or maybe it's a specific setting related to that specific Oracle connection.

Is the web form HTML? If so, the page may need to be set as utf8 too. Something like this:

<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
Previous Topic: OWS-05101: Execution failed due to Oracle error 6502
Next Topic: change language in date formta
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 01:15:55 CDT 2024