Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » iAS console and other services won´t startup after sucessfull install
iAS console and other services won´t startup after sucessfull install [message #77247] Thu, 09 December 2004 02:53 Go to next message
Mauricio de A. R.
Hello,

iAS 10g was successfully installed into a Suse Enterprise Linux 8. Both URLs (to the control console and to Apache) were initially working well. Just after the first reboot of the server, the services won´t startup:

ias@urano:~> $ORACLE_HOME/opmn/bin/opmnctl startall
opmnctl: starting opmn and all managed processes...
globalInitNLS: NLS boot file not found or invalid
-- default linked-in boot block used
XML parser init: error 201.
opmnctl: opmn start failed

ias@urano:~> $ORACLE_HOME/bin/emctl start iasconsole
TZ set to Etc/GMT+2
Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g Application Server Control 9.0.4.0.0
Copyright (c) 2002, 2003 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.
Starting Oracle 10g Application Server Control ...............
No response, checking logs for initialization activity.
waiting for response from console ............
No response, checking logs for initialization activity.
Console startup failed.

Tried to check all the logs I found but none of them seems to have registered valueable information. The enviroment variables are set as follow:

export ORACLE_SID=control
export ORACLE_BASE=/u01/app/oracle
export ORACLE_HOME=$ORACLE_BASE/product/ias
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib:/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib:/u01/app/product/oracle/ias/opmn/lib/
export TNS_ADMIN=/u01/app/oracle/product/9.2.0/network/admin
export NLS_LANG="BRAZILIAN PORTUGUESE_BRAZIL.WE8ISO8859P1"
export ORACLE_OWNER=ias
export ORACLE_TERM=xterm
export PATH=$PATH:/usr/bin/:$ORACLE_HOME/bin:/opt/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/j2sdk1.4.2_04/jre/bin:$ORACLE_HOME/opmn/bin/.
export JAVA_HOME=/usr/j2sdk1.4.2_04/
export JDK_HOME=/usr/j2sdk1.4.2_04/
export JRE_HOME=/usr/j2sdk1.4.2_04/jre
#export JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jdk13113
#export JDK_HOME=/usr/java/jdk13113
#export JRE_HOME=/usr/java/jdk13113
export CLASSPATH=$ORACLE_HOME/jdbc/lib/classes12.zip:$ORACLE_HOME/JRE:$ORACLE_HOME/jlib:$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/jlib:$ORACLE_HOME/network/jlib

Tried with 2 different versions of Java: JDK1.3.1.X and JDK1.4.2.X.

When I try to acess the console URL, the login window is prompted. Login and password are entered but an error is displayed:

An error has occurred!
IOException in sending Request :: Connection refused

Am I missing something? Any of you out there have already faced this problem and was able to solve it? Thanks in advance.
Re: iAS console and other services won´t startup after sucessfull install [message #77249 is a reply to message #77247] Thu, 09 December 2004 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrew again
9.0.2 was sensitive to having an X-windows display available, although there is no hint of that in you error log...
export DISPLAY=machine-name:0.0
Re: iAS console and other services won´t startup after sucessfull install [message #77251 is a reply to message #77249] Thu, 09 December 2004 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mauricio de A. R.
Hello Andrew, thanks for your reply. DISPLAY, in fact, was not set, but even set, the same errors apears and the processes did not startup. Any other idea? Thanks.
Re: iAS console and other services won´t startup after sucessfull install [message #77252 is a reply to message #77251] Thu, 09 December 2004 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrew again
You saw metalink Note:265770.1 right?

Fix
Re-install the EM 10g software and set the following environment variables before launching the OUI:
ORACLE_BASE
ORACLE_HOME

Verify the ORA_NLS33 environment variable is not set, per a known issue.
Re: iAS console and other services won´t startup after sucessfull install [message #77253 is a reply to message #77252] Thu, 09 December 2004 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mauricio de A. R.
Yes, ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE_BASE are both set and ORA_NLS33 was unset. I am still looking for something to help me solve this issue. If I find something, I´ll update this thread. Thanks for your tips (any other will be welcome).
Re: iAS console and other services won?t startup after sucessfull install [message #122797 is a reply to message #77247] Wed, 08 June 2005 09:44 Go to previous message
dhanu6
Hi Mauricio,
DID YOU FIND ANY SOLUTION FOR THIS PROBLEM.. I AM ALSO FACING SAME PROBLEM.. PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERICNCE..
Previous Topic: parametrize server name or address
Next Topic: How can i call an oracle function
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:07:06 CDT 2024