Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Client-Server or AppServer
Client-Server or AppServer [message #77241] Sun, 28 November 2004 07:38 Go to next message
Just John
Just a general question to all who have been in oracle for a few years (most of you I guess!)

Do you find the AppServer more difficult to use than Client-Server?

Are the Java components (JSPELL, WEBUTIL, JavaBeans, etc) difficult and unpredicatable?

do you miss the simplisity of Cient-Server?

I understand if you are hosting out to the internet its OK (perhaps good even) - but is it worth the hastle and what if you only need intranet (or less?)?

I know this is not be best place to hold this type of disscussion, but I hope the people who use this forum have wider backgrounds and exposure (than say metalink or Technet!)

Re: Client-Server or AppServer [message #77242 is a reply to message #77241] Mon, 29 November 2004 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrew again
I wouldn't say the one is more or less difficult that the other becuase each of them can go from very simple to very complex. Some of the disadvantages of client-server include the effort to distribute client installs and updates, the often high "chatter" of communication between client and server (can become very noticeable over high latency networks) as well as the need to have a well controlled (standardized) client environment.
Re: Client-Server or AppServer [message #77255 is a reply to message #77242] Fri, 10 December 2004 13:03 Go to previous message
Just John
I understand the benifits of web-deployed forms over client-server, but having come through Client-Server to AppServer, I cann't help notice the difficulties in configuration - especially when you introduce Java (WEBUTIL for example - unpredictable at best).
Previous Topic: putting a database onto the web ?
Next Topic: TCL (adp) pages
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 16:43:59 CDT 2024