Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » To avoid display of File Download dialog box when submitting a JSP
To avoid display of File Download dialog box when submitting a JSP [message #76902] Tue, 24 February 2004 19:03 Go to next message
Suresh
Hi,

We have developed an application using ORACLE 9i Application Server. It works fine. But, in certain conditions/scenarios when the user submits a JSP Page, instead of passing control to Servlet the File Download Dialog box opens up . On Clicking the save button in the File Download Dialog box, the application does not proceed further. The dialog box appears randomly. We are trying to trace  those certain conditions/scenarios.

Please assist us in this problem.

File Dialog Box displays following message:

Some Files can harm your computer. If the file information below looks suspicious, or you do not fully trust the source, do not open or save this filename.

File Name: Transaction Servlet

File Type:

Would you like to open the file or save it to your computer ?

Re: To avoid display of File Download dialog box when submitting a JSP [message #76910 is a reply to message #76902] Sat, 28 February 2004 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrew again
Your browser will only do that when the response sent to your browser doesn't have the correct MIME type sent to it. View the page headers from your brower to see if any MIME type is specified. In Netscape, View > Page Info should show "File MIME Type: text/html" for normal HTML.
Re: To avoid display of File Download dialog box when submitting a JSP [message #77128 is a reply to message #76910] Tue, 14 September 2004 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
suresh reddy
Hi,

solution for Internet explorer would be appreciated
Re: To avoid display of File Download dialog box when submitting a JSP [message #77260 is a reply to message #77128] Thu, 16 December 2004 10:00 Go to previous message
Mark Jurrius
I have the same problem for IE 6.x. Does anybody have a solution?
Previous Topic: how to install oracle 9i Application server on windows2000 having oracle 9i database already install
Next Topic: Problem with select for update and PHP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:54:42 CDT 2024