Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Forms App or Java App?
Forms App or Java App? [message #76725] Tue, 27 May 2003 14:59 Go to next message
Dzung Doan
Hi,

We're going to build a new Web application for time entry and approval used by the entire organization. It will base on an Oracle9iDB (table structures already existed) and be deployed on an Oracle9iAS release 2. We have the complete Oracle9i Developer Suite.

Our development team is experienced with Oracle Developer Tools (Forms/Reports) and has very limited knowledge about Java and J2EE. Fairly saying, using Forms to develop and Forms Services to deploy would be a guarantee for success. But I personally want to take this chance to set foot in the Java/J2EE world; I want to develop using JDeveloper with component-based approach and MVC architechture. I wonder how is the risk of that? Anyone has similar experience? Oracle or any third party has any paper or article discussing this issue and comparing the 2 development approaches? When which one should be applied? If the Java approach is taken, which particular technology should be considered (For example: JSP or UIX should be used for the presentation layer? EJB, BC4J or TopLink should be used for the business layer?,...)?,... Pls advise.

Any input is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dzung.
Re: Forms App or Java App? [message #76764 is a reply to message #76725] Mon, 21 July 2003 08:47 Go to previous message
RYAN
I personally use EJB for business logic and use JSP for the presentation logic. I have been into java and J2EE for over 2 years now. I have a couple of white papers I can send accross that will help you a lot. I can mail you those papers, what's your email id?
You can e-mail me at ry_stevens@lycos.com
Previous Topic: connect from Oracle-SErver to Oracle-Client through a firewall
Next Topic: What is Oracle Application Server? URGENT!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:55:53 CDT 2024