Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » needed help for Oracle Container for J2ee generated rollback Exceptions
needed help for Oracle Container for J2ee generated rollback Exceptions [message #76491] Thu, 12 September 2002 09:12 Go to next message
Sudipta Mukhopadhyay
Hi,
In one OC4J application if a trasaction is quite long means it has to do 10,20 or more database inserts/updates it is giving the exception:
Exception is:Transaction expired: timed out
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Transaction expired: timed out
Also sometimes it gives
Transaction was rolled back: Error preparing bean instance: com.evermind.transaction.MarshallingXAException; nested exception is: com.evermind.transaction.MarshallingXAException

Interesting feature is that if the no of trasactions are limited i.e. below 10,15 then it is perfectly executed.

As the code is running for less no of transactions that means the code is proper,then why it is failing for higher no of trasactions?

Timeout settings in web.xml and data-sources.xml I have changed and tried but without results.
Re: needed help for Oracle Container for J2ee generated rollback Exceptions [message #76531 is a reply to message #76491] Sun, 03 November 2002 11:33 Go to previous message
Abhijith
Hello Sudipta,

I found your question concerning java.lang.illegalStateExceotion: Tranasction Timeout.
At present, I am facing same problem when there are huge updates on database. I have changed time out settings in data-sources.xml and server.xml(We are not using web.xml as it is not web enabled app). If you have found the solution concerning the Transaction timeout. Kindly let me know at the earliest as it is very important to get the programing running.

Thanx in advance for your time and consideration towards me.

Regards,
Achyuth
Previous Topic: Re: Can Flash link to Oracle Database ?
Next Topic: Re: Trouble configuring DAD for PL/SQL Cartridge
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:37:25 CDT 2024