Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » unable to install 9iAS under 9i DB
unable to install 9iAS under 9i DB [message #76420] Fri, 14 June 2002 21:36 Go to next message
Rozario Mariadassou
We have a Windows 2000 server on which we have installed Oracle 9i database Standard edition. We are now trying to install Oracle 9i Application server1.0.2.2.1 Standard Edition but the installation of most of the components (Net8 config Asst, Oracle DB config. asst, Oracle Poratl 3.0 config asst) is failing.
1. Are Oracle 9i database and Oracle Application server 9iAS compatible?
2. Do we have to take any precautions before we start the installation of 9iAS other then the pre-installation tasks mentioned in the release notes that come on the 9iAS CD supplied by Oracle?
3. Are there any patches to be installed before we start the installation of 9iAS.
Thanks in anticipation of your prompt help
Re: unable to install 9iAS under 9i DB [message #76426 is a reply to message #76420] Tue, 25 June 2002 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark the Shark
If you are using the first version of 9ias then you must install or have installed version Oracle 8.1.7.DB Only the second version of 9ias is compatable with 9idb.
Re: unable to open Mod-plsql menu under 8i DB also [message #76440 is a reply to message #76420] Mon, 01 July 2002 20:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rozario Mariadassou
Follwoing yr suggestion, I hv installed 8iDB (8.1.7.0) on one machine (WinNT4.0 SP6) and 9iAS (1.0.2.2.1) on another machine (Win2K SP2). The installation went thro smoothly but Mod-plsql menu is not working. Other links r working. What could hv gone wrong.
Tks in advance
Re: unable to open Mod-plsql menu under 8i DB also [message #76442 is a reply to message #76420] Tue, 02 July 2002 03:04 Go to previous message
Mark the Shark
min requirements:Windows NT 4.0 with Service Pack 5.
Might want to Try to configure the httpd.conf file.
c:homeApacheApacheconfhttpd.conf
An Oracle8i database must be installed(on the same machine v8.1.7) so that you can install Oracle9iAS Portal. In future releases of Oracle9iAS, you will be able to install Oracle9iAS Portal into an Oracle9i database.
Your other machine should have the main database to connect to ,but it is possible to but both on same machine.(though I don't recommend ,lots of configuring). Also, you must go to regedit and clean previous Oracle products before install.
regards
Mark

if you still have problems I recommend Oracle101 web applications. Great book and guided me through my installs.
Previous Topic: Oracle trigger: auto-insert system date in column after insert
Next Topic: Help: Oracle8i IAS - JSP error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:27:23 CDT 2024