Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Adding serial number on system.cusor_ record and update remaining column
Adding serial number on system.cusor_ record and update remaining column [message #684592] Sat, 03 July 2021 21:41 Go to next message
savithasa
Hi,
I want to know how generate serial no . And incase if I delete one record remaining should update automatically.example
Serialno rules
1 A+b
2. A-b
3. A*b
4. A/b

Incase if I delete serial no 2 A-b I wantthe below result

Serialno rules
1 A+b
2 A*b
3 A/b

Incase if I want to add additional rule after 2 rules I want below result
Serialno rules
1 A+b
2 A*b
3. A-b+a+b
4. A/b
Here serial no should update 3 to 4 and row should move down
Re: Adding serial number on system.cusor_ record and update remaining column [message #684598 is a reply to message #684592] Mon, 05 July 2021 02:55 Go to previous message
John Watson
Welcome to the forum.
Please read the OraFAQ Forum Guide and How to use [code] tags and make your code easier to read.

You need to provide the SQL statements to set up the problem: CREATE TABLE first, then (as best you can) the INSERT, SELECT, and DELETE statements.

When you do that, I think it may become apparent that you could be misunderstanding a fundamental principle of relational algebra: that there is no implicit order to the rows being stored or retrieved. When you say "...I want to add additional rule after 2 rules..." you do seem to be suggesting that the rows are in some sort of order. They are not: when you SELECT them they could come back in any sequence. When you SELECT them again, they could come back in a different sequence.

Previous Topic: Forms 6i in Windows 10 Not Responding
Next Topic: call_form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:52:42 CDT 2024