Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Doubt about what I realy need....
Doubt about what I realy need.... [message #675500] Tue, 02 April 2019 09:33 Go to next message
pmqdesousa
Sorry for that question.

In my company we have one scenario (please see attached picture), where we first execute on the Hypervisor with Rem.Desktop the connection to the Oracle DB Server (VM) and then we execute the Backup on this VM.

If you take a look on the picture, the data will reach the "Backup Mediaserver" over the "blue" 1Gbit LAN connection and then over SAS to the Tape Library.

My question and sorry if the question would be stupid....
...since the Oracle DB virtualized machines, communicate also over the "red" 10Gbit Private LAN switch (IP: 192.168.x.y)
It would be better to connect the Backup Mediaserver with one 10Gbit LAN card to the "red" switch and execute the Backup from the "BACKUP MEDIASERVER" or not ?

For this what need to be installed on the "BACKUP MEDIASErVER" ?

Thanks in advance

Pedro
  • Attachment: Folie1.GIF
    (Size: 70.84KB, Downloaded 3493 times)
Re: Doubt about what I realy need.... [message #675501 is a reply to message #675500] Tue, 02 April 2019 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Welcome to the forum. Please read the OraFAQ Forum Guide and How to use code tags and make your code easier to read

If I understand you correctly, you have a network attached storage device on a dedicated highspeed network, and are considering running your backups over that same network. I would say "do not do that!" because performance of your disc access is usually critical, and you would not want to compromise this by running backups over the same channels. Who cares how long a backup takes?
Re: Doubt about what I realy need.... [message #675502 is a reply to message #675500] Tue, 02 April 2019 09:43 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
Why are you posting this issue in this Oracle forum?
Problem & solution have NOTHING to do with Oracle.
Oracle DB does not know or care if your backup exists or not.

Have you successfully completed a test restoration?
I would expect that the Oracle database won't open on any restored system.
Previous Topic: Database directory got removed.
Next Topic: what is the consequences of adding a plus archivelog and delete in oracle suggested backup
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:14:57 CDT 2024