Home » Server Options » RAC & Failsafe » Interoperating different Windows releases in one cluster (GI and DB 12.1.0.2, Windows 2008 and 2012)
Interoperating different Windows releases in one cluster [message #663978] Fri, 30 June 2017 06:13
John Watson
According to MOS, General Notes For RAC for Microsoft Windows (Doc ID 1072591.1) :
Quote:
Oracle supports the rolling upgrade of the operating system in a cluster when both versions of the operating system are certified with the version of Oracle Database you are running. Note mixed operating system versions are only supported for the duration of an upgrade (i.e., within 24 hours)--the cluster should never be operated with mixed operating systems for an extended period.
Does anyone have an opinion on why Oracle says one should not interoperate different OS versions for an "extended period"? What problems might arise? Has anyone done it? I ask because we want to add a Windows 2012 machine to a cluster which is Windows 2008, and I don't want to remove the 2008 machine immediately.

Thank you for any insight.

Previous Topic: Should I configure the RAC as strange topology?
Next Topic: Re add a node to clusterware
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:39:56 CDT 2024