Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Can cgicmd.dat file reference external file with email addresses? (OracleAS 10g, Linux)
Can cgicmd.dat file reference external file with email addresses? [message #444699] Tue, 23 February 2010 09:53 Go to next message
dlwixon
I would like to use the $ORACLE_HOME/reports/conf/cgicmd.dat file to shorten the url when calling a report from forms.

I am creating an alias in the cgicmd.dat file for the report call.

I am then referencing the alias when calling the report from the form.

In the alias, I would like to specify the destype as mail, the desformat as pdf and then include a large group of email addresses for the desname.

The problem is that we have to restart opmn for the app server to read the changes in cgicmd.dat. I would have to do this everytime the list of email addresses changed.

I am wondering if there is a way to read an external file of email addresses. So I would only have to change the email addresses in the external file.

I guess I'm looking for a way to use a distribution list.

[Updated on: Tue, 23 February 2010 10:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Can cgicmd.dat file reference external file with email addresses? [message #444726 is a reply to message #444699] Tue, 23 February 2010 14:49 Go to previous message
dlwixon
The solution for my problem was not to use the cgicmd.dat file to create a dist list.

The solution is to create a distribution xml file.

For more information on this, see the Oracle Application Server Reports Services Publishing Reports to the Web manual.
Section 15.

It's pretty cool...

[Updated on: Tue, 23 February 2010 14:50]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: FRM-41211: integration error SSL failure running another product
Next Topic: Uploading Files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:08:03 CDT 2024