Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » What is meant by the term Customization Form?
What is meant by the term Customization Form? [message #312962] Thu, 10 April 2008 03:58 Go to next message
johnbe
Please excuse my ignorance as I am totally new to both Oracle and Oracle AS. My company runs a portal and I have now been tasked with developing some reports to run on the portal.

I have created standard SQL based reports with no problem but I am a little confused over some of the terminology (again please accept my apologies for my lack of knowledge!).

I have seen that there is an option for Customization Form Display Options, but I am not sure what is meant by a Customization Form. I see that bind variable can be used and I have added these to some test reports and they do appear in the above options page. However when I run these reports I do not get anyway of entering these variables?
Can anyone help a total novice?

Thanks in advance
Re: What is meant by the term Customization Form? [message #313837 is a reply to message #312962] Mon, 14 April 2008 18:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oportalist
Check the url when you run a portal report in full-page mode. See how it ends in .show? Change that to .show_parms to get the report's Customization screen where the user can select or enter parameters. A "Customize" link may also be shown on the portlet header when the report is published as a portlet on a page, depending on how the portlet region is setup and permissions that were granted on the portal report. (FYI - In Oracle Portal 10.1.4 they changed the term "Customize" to "Personalize" but it does exactly the same thing.)

For portal's I've worked on in the past, many of the reports that we developed were full-page portal reports that we published as links (usually as URL items) pointing directly to the report's customization form page so that the user could select parameters before running the report; otherwise, we just linked to the run report URL.

Hope this helps!
Re: What is meant by the term Customization Form? [message #313907 is a reply to message #313837] Tue, 15 April 2008 02:30 Go to previous message
johnbe
Many thanks for your reply and yes it has helped and pointed me in the right direction.

John
Previous Topic: FRM-92050 failed to connect
Next Topic: Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g Application Server Control
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:16:21 CDT 2024